Hey, Welcome to Digital Pravakar.
If you are a beginner blog and not getting much traffic to your blog?, Not getting affiliate sales? If yes, Then one of the major reason is “Email Marketing”. Email marketing can help you to get traffic to your blog, can help in increasing your affiliate sales as well. So, What will I cover in this post?
So, Today, In this article, I am going to talk about Email Marketing For Beginners. This post is written specially for beginners. If you are a beginner and want to learn about Email Marketing then you have landed on the right page.
Are you excited? I know you’re. So, Let’s Dive In!
What is Email Marketing?
If you are wondering what is Email Marketing? Email Marketing is a technique of sending emails to your targeted audience and prospects. It is one of the best digital marketing strategy out there.
Email marketing is not to send bulk emails to your customers. A professional email marketer knows well about when and how to send the valuable emails to their audience.
Did you know that email marketing is a direct way to stay engaged with your targeted audience? Yes, with this technique you can not only make money but also to make a good relationship with your subscribers.
If you are planning to start an online business, email marketing would be a strong strategy for you. Building a strong database for email marketing is the first step to become a good marketer.
If you’re doing email marketing for the first time, I would highly suggest you to build a database.
And for building a database, you need to acquire people’s email addresses with lead magnets.
Types of Email Marketing
If you are wondering what are the types of email marketing, then you must know that there are several types of emails:
- Newsletters: Email newsletters are a type of email that updates your audience about your product or company’s latest news, tips, or updates. Newsletters can also be used to keep subscribers up to date with your company, but keep in mind that your subscribers are joining your list for content that will benefit them right away.
- Welcome Emails: The first online contact an organization has with a prospect is a welcoming email. It’s a popular feature in onboarding emails that help consumers get to know the brand.
- Lead Nurturing emails:
A lead nurturing email is an email sent by marketers to move users through the lead funnel from consideration to decision. These emails are intended to provide additional information about a product or service while highlighting its best features.
- Sponsorship Emails:– Email sponsorships are another choice. People are interested in subscribing to these sites because they trust the content creators. They form a link with the network, podcaster, or creator. This results in an engaged, quality audience rather than an impersonal, transactional audience.
- Transactional Emails:– Transactional email is an email sent to promote an agreed-upon communication between the sender and the recipient. Common transactional email use cases include account formation emails, password reset emails, order receipts, account reminders, and social media updates, including friend and follower notifications.
What is a lead magnet?
A lead magnet is a free item which you give to your customers in exchange with their email addresses.
Lead magnet can be anything: A checklist, an eBook, Templates, Quizzes, Cheat sheets, webinars and many more.
You can choose anything as a lead magnet, then you must need to put a form so that people can get your lead magnet.
This can be done with any of the email marketing tool, but I would suggest you to use thrive leads to acquire people’s email addresses.
Your lead magnet must be relevant to your products/services and it should be informative.
Importance of Email Marketing
You might be aware of how social media is increasing day-by-day. But it is not true that there is having no importance for email marketing.
There are some people who only do spamming by sending bulk emails regularly to their customers. It is not the correct way of email marketing.
In order to get good results, you need to add values to your customers lives.
That’s why, email marketing has very important role.
There are some points you may consider why it is the best:
- Emails helps to build good relationship
- You have 100% control for the content
- It is the best way to engage with your audience
- Emails are the best ways to convert your targeted customers.
- You can upsell and cross-sell anything you want
Is Email Marketing still working?
Most people may think that email marketing is dead. But this is not completely true.
Yes, this is true that social media marketing is the new reality but it hasn’t over taken email marketing.
According to HubSpot:
- 35% of business professionals daily check email on a mobile device.
- 73% of millennials prefer communications from businesses to come via email.
Now, you can imagine the potential of email marketing. So, It is still working and will work in the near future also.
How to Start Email Marketing?
So, Finally, You have decided to start email marketing. That’s really GREAT. So, The first step to start email marketing is to choose a email marketing software. An email marketing software is a tool which helps you to create email campaigns, lead magnets, customer journeys and many more.
Well, How to select a good email marketing software?
There are a lot of email marketing software available in the internet. You should select email marketing software according to your needs. If you ask me then these are my favorite email marketing tools that I’ve used and recommend:
How to grow your Email List?
You can grow your email list by creating a lead magnet and promoting it everywhere on your social media platform.
For example, if you have a Facebook account, you can create a post and ask people to sign up for FREE eBook or Checklist.
Or if you have an Instagram account, you can put a sign up form in your bio and ask people to sign up.
You can follow these simple tips to grow your email list:
- Opt-in Forms: If you have some traffic already on your website, you can make an opt-in form from thrive leads.
- Webinars: You can call people for webinars, from there you can acquire people’s email addresses.
- Quizzes: It is a new form of getting email addresses. Quizzes are a type of questionnaire where you ask questions from your audience to acquire email addresses.
How to write emails that converts?
In order to write a converting email, you have some skills in copywriting. Copywriting is an art of writing things that motivates people to take actions.
It is very essential in email marketing specially if you are writing for affiliate marketing.
Therefore, copywriting is very popular among affiliate marketers.
Writing a good copy that has some call to action allows people to take actions and hence, it helps in advertising for small businesses as well.
There is a famous book called “DotCom Secrets by Russel Brunson”, I would highly recommend you reading that book. Once you read that book, you’ll understand basics of marketing.
You must know how to do storytelling and how to persuade people through your writing skills.
You should also tell people in your emails, the benefits of your products and why your product can solve their problems.
In this way, you’ll see that people will become fan of your email newsletters.
At last but not least, email marketing do take time to show any results but once you are done with building your email lists, you’ll soon realize that there are already some people who are interested in buying from you.
Email Marketing has an immense potential to make money online if you do it properly.
You can still make money through email marketing if you follow the above steps.